'Hub and Spoke' Ride Details:
- North Performance 'Spoke' Ride
- - Sign up opens at 10:00 a.m.
- - Depart 2520 Centre St N, Tuxedo Source for Sports, at 10:40 a.m.
- Speed down Centre St. N, ride through downtown, end at Stanley Park
- - Rest up with refreshments and entertainment before gearing up for the next ride
- South Performance 'Spoke' Ride
- - Sign up opens at 9:45 a.m.
- - Depart 333 Shawville Blvd SE, Shawnessy YMCA at 10:15 a.m.
- Speed up Mcleod Trail S, via Elbow Drive SW; end at Stanley Park
- - Participants should have some cycling experience this season
- - Rest up with refreshments, food, and entertainment before gearing up for the next ride
- Main 'Ride the Road' tour
- - Stanley Park sign up opens at 11:00 a.m.
- - Depart Stanley Park at 12:15 p.m.
- - Loop through downtown on a flat, 'bike-friendly' route.
- - Circles back and ends at Stanley Park
- - Families and children of all ages can enjoy live entertainment provided by the five piece band Blueseros. A food truck will be on site
Sunday June 2 Same Day Registration Fees
Same Day Registration for the 'Ride the Road' tour is paid by cash or cheque for last minute registrations. Same Day rates are higher but the Same Day rates for 2013 remain unchanged from last year.
Fees for the 'Ride the Road' tour hub only:
|Children under 7||Free|
Note: Rates are discounted for individuals and families (with small children) doing the slower, recreational 'hub' ride. Participants should be at Stanley Park early to sign in, mingle and enjoy the band Blueseros. The 'Ride the Road' tour departs at 12:15 following an welcoming remarks by MC Brian Keating and cycling dignataries. This year's guests include: Olympian Christina Smith, Minister of Transportation Ric McIver, Associate Minister of Wellness Dave Rodney, Former Leader of the Opposition David Swann, MLA Kent Hehr.
Fees include North or South Peformance Spoke ride and the main 'Ride the Road' tour (see sidebar for schedule):
|Family (all individuals must be 15+)||$50|
Note: All participants in the Performance ride must be 15 years of age or older. Those under 15 are not permitted to sign up for this option. The total distance for both rides is approximately 25 km. Participants should be at Tuxedo Source for Sports, 2520 Centre St. NE (T2E 2V2) or the Shawnessy YMCA at 10 a.m to sign in. At Tuxedo Source for Sports the store payment system is used to process payment.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details, questions, or concerns.